Last night, Soulive’s 10 night residency at The Brooklyn Bowl began with a blast, a bit of stink, and horns galore…. These are my first impressions:
- Apparantly Brooklyn Bowl owner Peter Shapiro handed out 600 tequila shots. Missed that. Darn.
- Lettuce and Maceo Parker brought the house down.
- The secret is out of the bag, the place was packed for a random Tuesday evening.
- Nigel Hall and his Band set the tone for what is about to go down the next two weeks.
- Soulive: Pure FONKI power…
I’ll be jotting down my notes for Jambands this week – and will link to those published stories (right here!). From what I saw last night, the documentarians are out in full force, tapers, photographers, videographers, not to mention the official Soulive crew. I think there may be a Bowlive 2 video in the making. (by the way, they have DVD’s of Bowlive 1 on sale at The Bowl).
Here’s a taste of some of the pictures from one of the Funkiest Bowling Hall Residencies around: Bowlive 2, Night 1, 3/1/11
As of right now, there are no YouTubes (that I could find) to post. C’mon documentarians…. get it together – this thing goes fast and you have to dump your footage and post your links ASAP. See Below in the comments section for Video: Thanks Ross!